- Pre-heat oven to 190ºc/375ºf or gas mark 5 (180ºc for fan assisted ovens)
- Calculate cooking time allowing 50 minutes per kg (e.g. a 2.5kg joint would take approximately 2 hours and 5 minutes & a 4.5 kg joint would take approximately 3 hours and 45 minutes)
- Remove all packaging, place in a large roasting tin and season with salt & pepper
- Loosely cover with silver foil and place in the middle of the oven
- Roast the joint for the calculated time, basting occasionally with the pan juices
- 20 minutes before the end, remove the silver foil and continue to cook until the skin becomes crispy
- Ensure that the centre of the bird is piping hot and that the juices run clear
- A minimum core temperature of 72ºc is recommended
- Allow the bird to rest for 15 minutes before carving
Please note that these are guidelines only and you should refer to your oven manual for clarification. You must always ensure that
the centre of the joint is piping hot before serving.
If using a pop up timer, insert in to the thickest part of the joint and cook until the red timer stem pops up. Please take care to remove any string
before serving. Please note that this product may contain lead shot.